Zambia's original backpacker! Jollyboys is the quintessential backpackers lodge and has been catering to
budget travellers since 1995. Our lodge is run by backpackers for backpackers.
Your hosts, Kim, Sue and John, are there to answer all your questions and our staff are well versed in
up-to-the-minute travel information and regulations throughout Southern Africa. The Jollyboys restaurant
provides meals of exceptional value with a mixture of both traditional Zambian recipes and international
Interested in visiting Jollyboys and Livingstone? Check us out! Take a look at this overview video to find out more!
For those that are more enthusiastic, there is a self-catering kitchen and our internet café is
open late so guests can chat to loved ones at home. The Jungle Drums Shop highlights some of the creative
ingenuity of our Zambian people. Our rooms and showers are spotlessly clean, the beers are icy cold and
the pool is ultra refreshing!
So soak up some sunshine (there's lots of it!), laze in a hammock, munch on some mangoes (there's lots of
those too!), dance till you drop, or build a model of the Victoria Falls with nshima - it's up to you, everyone
can do their own thing, just enjoy! In the words of our guests "Jollyboys is the ultimate place to be!"
Reservations can be made instantly through our secure online booking system or feel free to send us an email
and we’ll get back to you right away! We sometimes have more availability than what is shown online so don’t
despair if we appear to be full – just send us an email or skype message !
- Camping, Dorms, Private rooms and Ensuite Rooms
- Free pool table
- Free table tennis table
- Free daily drop off at the Victoria Falls
- Free long/short term baggage storage
- Free pickup from Livingstone Airport
- Internet/email facilities/WiFi available
- The best book exchange in town
- Swimming pool
- Restaurant and self catering kitchen
- Fully stocked bar with DSTV for sports games
- 24 hour hot and cold running showers
- Braai/Barbecue area
- Secure car park
- 24 hour security
- Travel and activities booking office
- Bicycle Hire is available
- Gorgeous gardens full of mango, banana, avocado, papaya, guava and lemon trees!
- The most centrally located backpackers in town...just steps away from markets, grocery stores, restaurants, nightclubs and museums.
- Please note we do not accept children under 12 at the backpackers; however please feel free to book into our Jollyboys Camp location
Directions to the backpackers
Jollyboys Backpackers is located right behind the Livingstone Museum and Civic Centre. If you are arriving
from Lusaka, go down the main road and turn RIGHT before the museum and then take your first left. If coming
from Zimbabwe or Botswana, travel up the main road and turn LEFT after the museum and take your first left.
If traveling from Lusaka by bus, we recommend the Mazahandu Family Bus
www.mazhandu.com which arrives into Livingstone only 150 meters from the
backpackers! If arriving from Namibia on the bus, we recommend the Intercape Mainliner
www.intercape.co.za which arrives into Livingstone only about 400 meters
from the backpackers!